£65 - £80 per day
20 days ago
Are you a Teaching Assistant with experience of supporting children with autism and associated learning difficulties? We at Envision Education are looking for a candidate with positive energy and ideally LSA experience to support children in an SEN unit of a mainstream Primary School in Harrow.
The Belmont School is a mainstream, state funded Primary school for mixed pupils In Harrow, Middlesex. The school has been awarded with Outstanding in its previous two Ofsted Reports and prides itself on its inclusive multicultural community.
- Teaching Assistant to work in the SEN unit of a primary School
- Preferably for somebody looking for longer term work as an LSA to work in the specialist provision for children with SLD.
- You would be required to support the Teacher with various duties
- Required to work one to one and manage potentially challenging behaviour
- Must be proactive and engaging to meet the social, emotional and academic needs of children with various abilities
- Must have experience of working with children with SLD and/ or non-verbal children in the EYFS-KS1 age, preferably with some experience in specialist settings.
- Must be familiar with working from an EHCP or support plan.
- Should have experience of running interventions for SLD children and may have a knowledge of PECS/attention Bucket (although can be trained so is only desirable)
- Must have an understanding of Autism and strategies which can be used to support autistic children.
Why Register with Envision Education:
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team committed to guiding and assisting you through the process of finding and securing you a long term or permanent position
- Specialist experience in securing quality roles for aspiring educational professionals
- £100 bonus paid for each successful referral
Please apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.