Sub Banner Default Image
Sub Banner Default Image


Below you'll find answers to some of our most asked questions! If you cannot find what you are looking for, please give us a call on 0203 771 1138 and we will do our best to answer your query.


What roles do you recruit for?

We recruit for a variety of roles, including:

-          Teaching Assistants

-          SEN Teaching Assistants

-          Primary Teachers

-          Secondary Teachers

-          Supply Teachers

-          Behaviour Mentors

-          Higher Level Teaching Assistants

-          Exam Invigilators

-          Cover Supervisors


If you are interested in a role but can’t find it on this list, please get in contact with us on 0203 771 1138 to discuss it with one of our Consultants.

What areas do you cover?

We cover schools all across London and the Home Counties of Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent, Surrey, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire.

Where can I work?

We provide candidates with a wide range of opportunities, including work in:

-          Primary Schools

-          Secondary Schools

-          SEN Schools

-          Colleges / Sixth Form’s

-          PRU (Pupil Referral Units)


What is supply work?

Supply work often falls under two categories, daily and long-term supply.

With daily supply, you will be covering absences within schools. Once we are made aware of an absence we will contact you from 7am that morning to see if you are available to cover. You can also give us a call if you are available and ready to go in.

We also offer long-term supply, where a school will require a candidate for a longer period. As an example, this can be until the half-term or until the end of the academic year.

For some it is an opportunity to gain experience prior to committing to a full-term role. For others, it is a way of maintaining a work-life balance, offering you the flexibility to choose when you work.


What do I do if I’m sick and can’t go in?

In the case you fall ill and are unable to attend your assignment, please do let us know as soon as possible. Preferably the day before. If not, as early as you can in the morning.

This then allows us to find a replacement to ensure that we do not interrupt the learning environment at the school.

Do you offer any training and support for your candidates?

Here at Envision Education, we are proud to work with TES Educare to offer our candidates a range of CPD courses suitable for Teachers as well as Support Staff.

These will allow you to develop your knowledge and understanding around everything education related, giving you the confidence to deal with day-to-day situations with ease.

We have 3 packages available:

1.       General Education Sector Courses

2.       Child Protection and Safeguarding Courses

3.       SEN Courses

For more information on these courses, read our blog here >

I only have overseas Teaching experience. Can I work with you?

Currently we only recruit teaching staff who have some sort of child based experience in the UK. This is due to the fact that we require at least one UK based reference.

Do I need SEN experience to work in an SEN school?

A common misconception is that in order to work in Special Educational Needs, you need previous experience in SEN.

As long as you have previous experience working with children or working in care then you will be able to work in an SEN role through us.

As a matter of fact, a lot of our Teaching Assistant roles will require you to support SEN students in some capacity.

I know someone who would like to work in a school. Can I refer them?

That’s great! You can absolutely refer them to us. You’ll even earn £100 for every person you refer once they have worked with us for 20 days!

All you need to do is tell the person you are looking to refer to mention your name when they call in to register. Once that’s done and they’ve worked with us for 20 days, you’ll be £100 richer!


Could you explain the registration process from beginning to end?

To register with us, all you need to do is give us a call on 0203 771 1138 or fill out this form here. Our Resourcing team will then be in touch, providing you with everything you need to know.

Our registration process from start to end can be summarised in 4 steps:

1.       Firstly we have the initial phone interview, which allows us to determine whether we are a good match. We find out what you’re looking for and if we can help you with that, your experience and availability. We then tell you about what we offer and give you a chance to ask questions.

2.       The Zoom interview is one of the main steps in this process. Here we go into more detail discussing your experience, goals and what type of work will help you get there. We will also present you with a list of roles to get the ball rolling.

3.       Compliance comes next, and here is where we sort through your documents and checks to ensure you are fully compliant and ready to work! We aim to complete this process within 7 days to get you working as soon as possible.

4.       Finally, you are now able to work! You’ll be able to attend interviews and trial days to see the opportunities available and find your dream role!

Do I need experience or qualifications to register?

In order to register with us, we do require you to have some form of experience in the following:

-          School (Teaching Assistant, Admin…)

-          Youth Work

-          Summer Camps

-          Care Work

-          Tutoring

-          Childminding


This shows us that you have experience and are able to carry out the roles we present you with. Additionally, it provides us with a reference, which is necessary if you are looking to work in a school.

Do I have to pay to register?

No. You will not need to pay to register with us and we do not charge you any fees when finding you work.

I don’t have a DBS. Do I need one?

In order to work in a school you will need a DBS. You can process one through us.

First, you’ll need to fill in the application form.

You’ll then have to pay £51.20 for the DBS. This cost will be reimbursed to you once you have worked for us for 20 days.

We will also show you how you can upload your DBS onto the update service.

Please note, we will only reimburse the first DBS you process through us.

How long will it take to become compliant?

We aim to clear candidates within 7 days of their Zoom interview.


Do I get holiday pay working through Envision Education?

Your daily pay rate is inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.

Will I be paid through PAYE or an Umbrella Company?

All our candidates are paid via PAYE. We do not use any umbrella companies, meaning there are no hidden fees.

How much do I get paid?

Your pay will depend on a range of factors including your location, the school you work at and their budget, your age and level of experience.

During your interview, your Consultant will be able to provide you with a more specific figure and discuss your pay in more detail.

Our pay is highly competitive and we pay in line with the National Standard.

How often do I get paid?

Envision Education pay staff on a weekly basis. This is subject to us receiving an approved timesheet for the work you have completed that week.


How do I fill in my timesheet?

Once we place you into a school, you will receive a welcome email asking you to verify your details.

Once you have verified your email you will be able to set up your password and gain full access to the portal where you can submit the days you’ve worked.

The school will then authorise the days online too.

What is the deadline for the submission of my timesheet?

Timesheets need to be submitted by Monday at the latest relating to the previous week worked.

This allows time for the submission to go through as well as for the school to confirm your hours, ensuring you get paid on time.