£17000 - £22000 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are working with an independent autsim specialist school who are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to join the team as soon as possible.
About the school:
An independent day school providing specialised education for children aged 5 to 16 years who hold Education, Health and Care Plans for Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) and associated social, emotional and mental health needs.
- To carry out all duties, as directed by the class teachers to maximise learning opportunities for all children and young people
- To act as key worker for specific pupils
- To work with individual pupils and groups under the direction and planning of the teachers
- On occasions, to work across the school in different classes as required by SLT
- To work with colleagues to ensure the school is a safe, happy and pleasant environment
- To actively engage with a range of relevant training programmes throughout the academic year
- People with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) can present with challenging behaviour. This may on occasions necessitate having to physically intervene or remove students from potentially difficult or hazardous situations in line with their agreed behaviour support programmes and Eagle House Group physical intervention policies. Team Teach training are the only techniques permitted to be used. All staff are expected to read and abide by school based policy on behaviour and physical intervention,
- All TSLA's need to have a minimum experience of 2 years in class room support
- Level 2 TLSA - Must hold a Level 3 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Skills Certificate or equivalent or at least 4 years experience
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Experience of working with pupils with high functioning ASD and co-morbidities including SEMH, PDA, ODD and demand avoidance
- Experience working with pupils who exhibit challenging behaviour
- Experience of running intervention programmes
- Experience of using own initiative to develop resources in order to support pupils
Why register with Envision Education for work?
- Specialists in securing long term and permanent placements for Teachers and a range of support staff
- Able to find jobs that meet your preferences whether that be location, type of job, pay expectations etc
- Quick and efficient registration process / Interview via zoom currently
- Excellent track record in securing jobs quickly and efficiently for professionals in Education
- Friendly team who always have their job seekers' interests at heart
- Rated 4.9 out of 5 on google!
- Free CPD courses worth £144.50 once cleared to work
- We work with primary, secondary and SEN Schools across London and the Home Counties
Please apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.