£70 - £90 per day
10 days ago
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a rewarding new challenge? Come and join a dedicated team of teachers and staff and make a real difference!
Envision Education are seeking a confident and experienced Teaching Assistant to provide English and Literacy support to students from Years 7 to 11 in a Secondary Pupil Referral Unit in Morden.
Provide support to groups and 1:1 to challenge and inspire pupils to suceed with a broad and balanced curriculum, and work closely with class teachers and support staff to keep students engaged and motivated.
This fantastic school works hard to instil a sense of ambition in its pupils and prepare them for reintegration into a mainstream, specialist or Further Education setting. They place huge emphasis on students establishing trust and respect for themselves and others, and have developed a well-rounded, engaging curriculum to enable pupils to acheive their very best.
Their goal is to transform the lives of young people by providing bespoke and specialist education of the highest standard. They work closely with a range of professionals such as a Safer Schools Officer, a Speech and Language therapist, an Educational Psychologist and a CAMHS worker.
- Work with students in groups and 1:1
- Use a range of support techniques to keep students engaged and motivated
- Manage challenging behaviour in class
- Support students in Years 7-11 with English and Literacy
- Work closely with the class teacher and other support staff
- Help the class teacher prepare for lessons
- Report on students' progress to the class teacher
- Uphold the school's values and ethos
- Previous experience as a Teaching Assistant
- A calm, confident demeanour
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Great organisational skills
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour
- Local or able to commute to Morden
- Able to start working immediately
- Gain invaluable classroom experience as part of an expert team
- Highly rewarding position
- Long term, full time work starting immediately
- The chance to make a meaningful difference to students' lives
Why Register with Envision Education:
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team committed to guiding and assisting you through the process of finding and securing you a long term or permanent position
- Specialist experience in securing quality roles for aspiring educational professionals
- £100 bonus paid for each successful referral
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to further their career working as a Teaching Assistant. Apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.