£65 - £80 per day
about 1 month ago
Can you keep pupils motivated and engaged in the classroom? Are you looking for the chance to make a meaningful difference to students' lives?
Envision Education are seeking a Teaching Assistant to join an outstanding High School in Harrow. The right candidate will work closely with class teachers to provide support to students across the curriculum with a wide range of special educational needs.
The position would suit anyone with the experience, passion and enthusiasm necessary for helping young people achieve their best, but would particularly benefit graduates looking to gain experience working in education and the chance to further their career.
Well-located and with access to great transport links, this high-achieving school recognises the needs of each student and drives them to succeed by providing a broad and balanced curriculum and encouraging self-reflection. They have created an ordered and friendly community where relationships are positive and founded on courtesy, respect and shared values. Pupils' attendance is well above average, with students saying that they feel safe, cared for and enjoy coming to school.
Their dedication and hard work are reflected in their results. Ofsted have consistently rated them Outstanding for over 13 years, noting the head teacher's strong and purposeful leadership, carefully tailored lessons and teachers' passion and knowledge amongst many other things.
- Support students across the curriculum in Years 7-11
- Work with students with a wide range of Special Educational Needs, including ASD, social and emotional and behavioural difficulties and physical and learning difficulties
- Work closely with teachers to keep students engaged and motivated
- Use a variety of support techniques tailored to the needs of each student
- Place high priority on the safeguarding and wellbeing of pupils at all times.
- Experience supporting children and young people
- A working knowledge of school safeguarding and pupil wellbeing, and a commitment to upholding a high standard of care
- A positive, enthusiastic prescence in the classroom
- The ability to support students with a wide range of Special Educational Needs
- Great communication and listening skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Live locally or be able to commute to Harrow
- Be available to work long term from September
- Work closely with a team of experienced and dedicated teachers and staff
- Long term, full time work from September
- Well-located school with excellent transport links
- The chance to hone your skills in a supportive, challenging environment
- Experience excelllent facilities and a dynamic curriculum.
Why Register with Envision Education:
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team committed to guiding and assisting you through the process of finding and securing you a long term or permanent position
- Specialist experience in securing quality roles for aspiring educational professionals
- £100 bonus paid for each successful referral
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to further their career working as a Teaching Assistant. Apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.