£70 - £85 per day
15 days ago
A dedicated and passionate Teaching Assistant can make a huge difference to a student's life and their ability to reach their true potential. If you have experience supporting children with Special Educational Needs and want to further your career in education, apply now!
Envision Education are seeking Special Needs Teaching Assistants to join a close knit, dedicated team of professional teachers and support staff in a wonderful Special School in Radlett and work with pupils with Special Educational Needs, primarily ASD.
The staff at this school are tireless in their pursuit of excellence. They are driven by their values and belief that their pupils deserve the very best in Autism-Specific Education.
This school wants pupils to be prepared for adult life with appropriate opportunities, responsibilities and experiences, and to feel included in the local community. Pupils and parents enjoy their time at school, and the broad, relevant curriculum, paired with excellent staff training and support, make this a great place to teach and learn.
- Use your knowledge of ASD to adapt lesson schedules and materials to suit pupils' needs
- Assist the class teacher in preparing the classroom and learning materials
- Use a wide range of SEN support techniques to keep pupils engaged and excited about learning
- Observe and monitor pupils' behaviour and progress
- De escalate and maintain control over challenging behaviour
- Accompany pupils to therapy sessions as required
- Plan and execute intervention sessions as required
- Uphold the values and ethos of the school at all times
- Previous experience supporting students with Autism and other Complex Needs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Great initiative and organisational skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Confidence in managing challenging behaviour
- Knowledge and understanding of Autism and relevant support strategies
- True passion and drive to help SEN students meet and exceed their goals
- A permanent, full time position at a fantastic Special School
- The chance to learn from a team of highly specialised teachers and support staff
- A fantastic opportunity to further your career in Education Support
- A highly rewarding position in a supportive and specialist environment
Why Register with Envision Education:
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team committed to guiding and assisting you through the process of finding and securing you a long term or permanent position
- Specialist experience in securing quality roles for aspiring educational professionals
- £100 bonus paid for each successful referral
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to further their career working as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant. Apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.