£65 - £75 per day
23 days ago
Do you have experience supporting Early Years and KS1 pupils with SLD and Autism? Can you use your excellent working knowledge of Autism and support strategies to help them achieve their goals?
Envision Education have a highly rewarding opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to work in the Specialist Provision of a Primary school in Harrow. The right candidate will have solid experience supporting and running interventions for pupils with SLD, in line with an EHCP and will preferable have worked in a specialist setting before. Knowledge of PECS and/or Attention Bucket are desirable.
This happy and harmonious three-form entry Primary School takes pride in its diverse community and celebrates the achievments of all its learners. A Gold-Accredited Rights Respecting School, they value their pupils as their best advocates and their teams of Rights Respecting Ambassadors, Prefects, Peer Mediators, and School Council who promote the school's values and make important decisions about their education.
The curriculum is challenging, relevant and creative, and adapted to suit the learning needs of individual pupils. The school has recently expanded, adding fantastic new facilities which provide increased access to a broad and rich learning experience for pupils.
- Work in the school's specialist provision to support Early Years and KS1 pupils with SLD
- Follow individual pupils' EHCPs and/or Support Plans
- Prepare and adapt classroom learning materials
- Assist the class teacher with preparing and tidying the classroom
- Use a variety of strategies like PECS and/or Attention Bucket to enage pupils
- Model the school's ethos and values at all times
- Observe and record pupils' progress
- Lead interventions for SLD pupils
- Solid experience supporting pupils in Early Years and KS1 with SLD, particularly non-verbal Autistic pupils
- The ability to follow EHCPs and/or Support Plans and tailor learning accordingly
- An approachable and calm nature
- A creative and innovative approach to Primary Education
- Knowledge of PECS and/or Attention Bucket
- Excellent working knowledge of Autism and the support strategies available
- Intuition and independence when working
- The ability to adapt teaching materials and delivery to suit pupils' learning needs
- Available to start immediately
- Long term, full time employment starting immediately
- The chance to learn from a dedicated team of professional teachers and support staff
- Further your career as a Learning Support Assistant in a supportive and inclusive environment
Why Register with Envision Education:
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team committed to guiding and assisting you through the process of finding and securing you a long term or permanent position
- Specialist experience in securing quality roles for aspiring educational professionals
- £100 bonus paid for each successful referral
Please apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.