£19000 - £21000 per annum
10 days ago
26 Jul 00:00
Are you an experienced Science Technician?
Envision Education are looking for a Senior Science Technician to work within a vibrant , innovative Secondary School based in Hillingdon. You will be working within their Science Department to provide technical support for practical lessons, ensuring that resources and equipment and areas in Science are suitably maintained and fit for purpose.
A Level 3 or higher for Laboratory Technician is desired, or a relevant degree with recent experience working within a school setting. In this school there is a real sense of community. Many of their pupils are involved in charity and community work that the school arrange, promote and support.You will receive plenty of leadership and support from staff, and with close transport links, this is a great position for someone local to the Hillingdon borough.
About the school:
The school is based in the heart of Hillingdon, and value the achievements of every student no matter what their abilities or talents.It is a truly comprehensive school and although in the center of Hillingdon, there is a lot of green fields local to the school.They are looking for staff who are committed to their core values and mission of the school.
- Prepare materials for practical lessons/work
- Be responsible for Health and Safety within the workshop
- Assist students when needed, particularly those struggling
- Ensure a smooth and efficient operation of the equipment, within the Science department
- Relevant degree / Level 3 in Laboratory Technicians
- Thorough knowledge of Science practical methods
- Be familiar with CLEAPSS
- At least 1 year of experience working with science equiptement
- Available full time in September
Why Register with Envision Education:
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team committed to guiding and assisting you through the process of finding and securing you a long term or permanent position
- Specialist experience in securing quality roles for aspiring educational professionals
- £100 bonus paid for each successful referral
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to further their career in SEN Teaching. Please apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.