£65 - £80 per day
10 days ago
Are you looking for a new and rewarding challenge, and the chance to gain invaluable experience in specialised SEN education? Can you provide the highest quality of support to pupils with Special Educational Needs?
Envision Education are seeking Learning Support Assistants who are qualified and experienced in supporting SEN pupils, and have the enthusiasm needed to keep pupils enaged in learning and excited to come to school. The right candidate will have at least 6 months of SEN LSA experience and an excellent working knowledge of SEN support techniques.
This fantastic Special school in Hertfordshire caters for the educational needs of pupils from Early Years through to 6th Form. All pupils have Profound Learning Difficulties, and the school prides itself on providing a highly specialised curriculum tailored to each pupil's needs and learning goals.
Everyone at this school strives to make students' daily lives interesting, enriching and challenging, and have developed a caring and inclusive community for teachers, pupils and staff alike.
- Work as part of a professional team to support teaching and learning for SEN pupils
- Provide specialist support to pupils with with moderate, severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties in order to help them overcome barriers to learning
- Ensure the safeguarding of pupils at all times
- Differentiate and adapt learning programmes to suit the needs of allocated pupils with SEN
- Plan and evaluate specialist learning activities with the teacher, writing reports and records as required
- Work with pupils on therapist-designed programmes
- Source and adapt learning materials to suit individual students' needs
- Monitor and report on student behaviour and development
- Attend to pupils' personal needs including toileting, hygiene, dressing and eating, as well as help with social, welfare and health matters
- At least 6 month's specialist SEN Learning Support experience
- Excellent computer literacy
- Knowledge of a variety of SEN support techniques
- Ability to support pupils with Behaviour Management Difficulties
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- Awareness of First Aid techniques
- A calm, approachable demeanour
- Long term, full time work starting immediately
- The chance to gain invaluable experience working with professional teachers and support staff
- Further your career in specialist SEN support
Why Register with Envision Education:
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team committed to guiding and assisting you through the process of finding and securing you a long term or permanent position
- Specialist experience in securing quality roles for aspiring educational professionals
- £100 bonus paid for each successful referral
Please apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.