£65 - £80 per day
25 days ago
Do you have experience supporting children with Severe Learning Difficulties and ASD? Are you looking for a highly rewarding new challenge and the chance to really make a difference to children's lives?
Envision Education are seeking qualified and experienced Learning Support Assistants to join a fantastic, community-centred all-through Special School in Hertfordshire.
The right candidate will be experienced in supporting children with ASD and confident in providing an exceptional level of support and motivation to students with Severe Learning Diffculties, primarily those on the Autistic Spectrum.
Rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in a 2017 inspection, this all-through Special School's motto 'Opportunity with Dignity' emphasises their commitment to providing each student with a unique learning experience. Respect and tolerance are at the heart of the school's vision, and students' learning is centred around equal opportunities and access to skills that are needed for life.
The school boasts a varied and rich curriculum that ensures that students learn about other cultures, religions and ethnic backgrounds, and ensures that they have many opportunities to make choices and express themselves in a safe environment in which they can develop their understanding of themselves in relation to other people.
- Provide high quality support to students with Severe Learning Difficulties, primarily those on the Autistic Spectrum, from Early Years to Sixth Form
- Work closely with the class teacher and fellow support staff to ensure students' learning needs are being met at all times
- Follow the school's safeguarding policies
- Use a variety of support techniques to keep students motivated and engaged throughout the lesson
- Observe and monitor students' progress and behaviour
- Assist the class teacher to prepare the classroom and learning materials before lessons
- Uphold the school's Values and Ethos
- Solid experience working with students with Special Educational Needs, particularly those with ASD.
- Confidence in managing challenging behaviour
- A passion for helping children achieve their best
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a close team
- Excellent timekeeping and organisational skills
- The ability to think on your feet and adapt quickly
- Local or able to commute to Abbbots Langley
- Available to start working immediately
- Gain invaluable experience working alongside expert teachers and support staff
- The chance to make a real difference in children's lives
- Long term, full time work
- Work in an outstanding, supportive environment with fantastic facilities
- The cance to further your career as an SEN LSA
Why Register with Envision Education:
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team committed to guiding and assisting you through the process of finding and securing you a long term or permanent position
- Specialist experience in securing quality roles for aspiring educational professionals
- £100 bonus paid for each successful referral
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to further their career working as an SEN Learning Support Assistant. Apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.