£65 - £80 per day
12 days ago
Do you have experience and passion for working with children with SEN? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge where you can make a meaningful difference every day?
Envision Education have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SEN Learning Support Assistant to join the SEND specialist provision of a happy and harmonious multicultural school.
Rated 'Outstanding' in a 2012 Ofsted report, this high-achieving Primary school celebrates the successes of all its learners, whether academic, sporting or creative.
Staff at this three form entry Primary school endeavour to make learning challenging, interesting and creative, and aim to engender a lifelong love of learning for all. Students are encouraged to make decsions about their education and their school, and can join several teams that all promote the school's values and contribute to making important decisions.
With high quality facilities, the school is recognised as a Learning Hub for Outdoor Learning and Mathematics and offers training and support to other schools in the area. They recognise every child's right to a broad, balanced, relevant and challenging curriculum which is appropriate to individual abilities, talents and personal qualities.
- Join the SEND specialist provision of the school
- Support 12+ students with Severe Learning Difficulties from 4-6 years of age
- Assist students with a current or pending EHCP, with a diagnosis of either Autism or Downs Syndrome, or Cognitive Learning Disability
- Support all students in learning to use Makaton
- Accompany students in Speech & Language sessions
- Assist the students in using visual timetables and other interventions
- Work closely with the class teacher and other support staff
- Use a variety of support and behaviour management techniques to keep students engaged and motivated
- Previous experience supporting students with SEN
- Confidence managing challenging behaviour
- Working knowledge of Makaton (preferable)
- A calm, confident demeanour
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Great organisational skills
- Local or able to commute to Harrow
- Able to start working immediately
- Long term, full time work starting immediately
- The chance to work with and learn from a team of highly experienced teachers and support staff
- An opportunity to further your career in a high achieving, supportive school
- The chance to make a real difference to students' lives each day
Why Register with Envision Education:
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team committed to guiding and assisting you through the process of finding and securing you a long term or permanent position
- Specialist experience in securing quality roles for aspiring educational professionals
- £100 bonus paid for each successful referral
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to further their career working as a Learning Support Assistant. Apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.